Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Super Exhibit that Wasn't

So we went to check out the Superhero exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre over the weekend, and this is the verdict: SAVE YOUR MONEY. I wish they'd had the option of just paying for the exhibit during the day, but oh no, you had to pay to get into the science centre, too. After the lameness that was the exhibit, we were in no mood to stick around. It was really kid directed, which was a shame because the website neglects to mention it and it also was WAY, WAY more science based than comic based (and really, what do you expect from a science centre? But still, a letdown, particularly Wolverine).

We did check out the distillery district, thanks to Christina's mad knowledge of Toronto (I'm embarrassed about how little I know about it, seriously) and it was great. Loved the buildings, loved the shops, loved the coffee.

In other news, work is weird. This guy was asking me all these questions about my co-worker today, and then when I brought up the fact that she's married and has kids (it takes me time, but I'm not completely clueless) he asked if I was single. Yes, how flattering to be an option on your list, buddy. Not.

Anyways, after work I went shopping, bought a travel towel (guidebook's still not out!), jeans, new t-shirt (omigod a medium fits), and a shadow box frame I wasn't looking for but found anyways. It's got "laugh out loud" in shadow throughout the frame, I really like it. Nothing says good memories like a pic of you and your friends having a laugh. :)

I found a cute handbag that I really like too, but the price and size weren't quite right, so I'm thinking about it. I found it online, too, if it doesn't work out and it's not in the store when I go back.

No comments: